- Phase Coherence - When sound enters our ear, it has a planar wave front with all spectrum components in phase. A typical dynamic headphone driver disrupts this coherence with its phase irregularity, resulting in less than perfect signal peak reconstructions. OPPO’s planar magnetic driver has much better phase coherency since all parts of the diaphragm are vibrating in concert without break up and delayed resonance.
- Purely Resistive Impedance – OPPO’s planar magnetic driver has a flat conductor pattern that does not have any inductive components. This eliminates inductance related intermodulation distortion, which is especially common in dynamic drivers with high impedance and a high number of voice coil turns.
- Stability, Consistency, Reliability – Many planar magnetic headphones have large balance deviations between the left and right channels, and accurate stereo reproduction is contingent on having a very close match between the left and right channels. During the OPPO PM-1’s manufacturing process, drivers are closely matched to ensure optimum stereo imaging and soundstage.
- Diaphragm – OPPO’s planar magnetic driver diaphragm has 7 layers of thin materials that provide excellent performance, reliability, and longevity. The construction of the diaphragm ensures that it is very stable under thermal stress and vibration.
- Double-Sided Spiraling Coils – The diaphragm utilizes a spiraling pattern of flat aluminum conductors on either side of the driver. The double-sided design allows twice as many conductors to be placed within the magnetic field, which leads to higher sensitivity, better damping, and even drive force.
- FEM-Optimized Magnet System - An FEM-optimized magnet system with very high energy Neodymium magnets is used to maximize sensitivity and consistency of the applied force over the driver area.
- High Sensitivity - Many planar magnetic headphones have a sensitivity far below 100 dB and require very powerful amplifiers to drive. The OPPO PM-1 has a sensitivity of 102 dB, which allows it to pair well with both mobile devices and scale upwards when used with high end headphone amplifiers.
- Build Quality – The OPPO PM-1 is ruggedly constructed with an emphasis on long term use and maximum consistency from unit to unit. The headphones have been tested to very high standards to withstand mechanical and environmental stress in order to guarantee exceptional performance throughout its lifespan.
- Comfort - Many planar magnetic headphones weigh over 500 g and are often viewed as being uncomfortable. With a weight of 395 g, the OPPO PM-1 strikes a delicate balance between weight, comfort, and elegant industrial design.
- Luxury Materials – The OPPO PM-1’s ear cushions are made out of the highest quality natural latex, which is superior and longer lasting to any chemically formulated foam. It is naturally hypoallergenic, retains its mechanical spring-like properties for much longer periods, and resists moisture build up from sweating. The headband and earpads are made of hand selected lambskin that provides a luxurious look and feel.
- Easily Replaceable Components – The OPPO PM-1’s earpads are mounted on rubber inserts and can be easily cleaned or replaced. This design also makes switching between the leather and velour earpads nearly effortless. The headphone cable is detachable and uses 2.5 mm mono mini jacks to connect to the earcups, making it easy to switch between the longer, 6.35 mm terminated cable for home use, and a shorter, 3.5 mm terminated cable for portable use.
- Premium Accessories – The 6.35 mm terminated headphone cable features Ohno Continuous Casting (OCC) construction wrapped in a black fabric sleeve. The selvedge denim carrying case transports and protects the headphones in style, and the alternative set of velour pads provides a slightly different sound signature.
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Acoustic Principle||Open back|
|Nominal Impedance||32 Ohm|
|Sensitivity||102 dB in 1 mW|
|Clamping Pressure||5 N|
|Cables||3 m detachable OCC cable (6.35 mm)
1 m detachable OFC cable (3.5 mm)
|Cable Connectors||Output: 2.5 mm mono mini jacks
Input: 6.35 mm stereo jack, 3.5 mm stereo jack
|Weight||395 g (without cable)|
|Included Accessories||Wooden Box
6.35 mm and 3.5 mm cables
Alternative set of velour ear pads
|Driver Type||Planar Magnetic|
|Driver Size (Oval)||85 x 69 mm|
|Magnet System||Symmetric push-pull neodymium|
|10 - 50,000 Hz|
Max Input Power
|500 mW according to IEC 60268-7|
|Pulse Max Input Power||2 W|